The Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP) understands that it is essential for victims of violent crime to receive effective and compassionate support in the immediate aftermath of a crime. If you are a victim who has experienced:
- Attempted Murder
- Domestic Violence
- Hate Crimes
- Human Trafficking
- Serious Assault
- Sexual Assault
You may qualify for the following services:
- Short-term Counselling (up to $1000 or 10 sessions)
- Crime Scene Clean-Up where a specialized company is needed (up to $1500)
- Immediate Emergency Expenses
- Funeral Expenses for victims of homicide (up to $5000)
Who Can Apply for VQRP?
A victim who has experienced emotional and/or physical harm as a result of a crime is eligible to apply for these services if they:
- report a violent criminal code offence that occurred in Ontario to a Police Service or in cases of domestic violence or sexual assault it has been reported to a hospital or community agency that provides support to these victims
- are a resident of Ontario
- not charged in the offence
- have not other financial resources available to meet their needs
Who Else Can Apply?
- immediate family members or witness to the crime
- custodial guardian of a victim who is a minor child
- individuals with legal authority to act on behalf of a victim who is incapacitated or a victim who has special needs
For more information about the Victim Quick Response Program, the criteria required, or to access funds please contact the program coordinator at 705-522-6970 or review the Ministry of the Attorney General Information Booklet.